PAA is thrilled to announce that Taste for a Cure 2019, presented by the Ernest G. DeBakey Charitable Foundation, is Thursday, April 11 at 6:00 PM. Join us at Haven on World Parkinson’s Day for another great evening of:
- Unique food, beer, wine and cocktail pairing conceived and prepared by an all-star team of local chefs from these restaurants: Black Sheep Kitchen, Bistro V, Dinner, Golden Rule BBQ, Irondale Cafe, Jack Browns, Little Donkey, Ovenbird, and Taj India.
- Unforgettable live with Granger Thagard & Associates and silent auction items like beach condos, artwork, jewelry, and more.
Proceeds from Taste for a Cure 2019 benefit medical research towards a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Follow this link to purchase tickets online now. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest event details. If you’d like to be a sponsor for this event, please contact Mary T Miller for more information.
PAA is blessed to have an active, passionate, and growing support network of board members, volunteers, donors, sponsors, and thought leaders. It is because of this generous support – by people just like you – that PAA continues to fulfill and grow the promise of its mission to improve the lives of Parkinson’s patients, caregivers, and loved ones throughout Alabama. We hope you’ll consider a donation to the Parkinson Association of Alabama as part of your holiday giving plans. Every donation matters and plays a role in delivering the PD research and care programs that benefit those affected by Parkinson’s throughout the State.
Click here to donate online or contact Mary T if you’d like to send the gift of a PAA donation to a friend or loved one. For gift donations, we can send the lucky recipient a beautiful card on your behalf to notify them of your gift.
Registration is now open for the 2018 Alabama Parkinson Fighter Walk and 5K . Join us on October 27 at UAB Campus Green for a 5k Fighter run and Fighter walk. This years route will comprise of UAB and surrounding areas with all proceeds benefiting research towards a cure for Parkinson’s Disease.
Save the date Birmingham! PAA is thrilled to announce that Taste for a Cure 2018, presented by the Ernest G. DeBakey Charitable Foundation, is Thursday, April 19 at 6:00 PM. We look forward to seeing you at Haven for another great evening of:
- Unique food, beer, and wine pairings conceived and prepared by an all-star team of local chefs
- Unforgettable live and silent auctions
Proceeds benefit medical research towards a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Tickets may be purchased online now and you can follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest updates. If you’d like to be a sponsor for this event, please contact Mary T Miller for more information.
PAA is thrilled to highlight a new support group called Shaking up LA (Lower Alabama). Lead by John Carmichael, this support group serves the Flomaton, Bay Minette, and Atmore area’s of Alabama. The first meeting of Shaking up LA is September 9th at 9:00 AM from the Atmore Community Hospital Auditorium. This meeting is open to all Parkinson’s fighters, caregivers, medical professionals, or anyone else interested in PD therapy, nursing, education, fitness, or other workshops. This inaugural meeting will include a short meet-and-greet and planning session with light refreshment. For more information about the Shaking up LA support group, please contact John Carmichael at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Though their first meeting is still a couple weeks away, Shaking up LA is already raising PD awareness and funds through a unique t-shirt design that captures the spirit of confronting PD progression in a truly creative and meaningful way. PAA is honored to be a beneficiary of funds raised through these great shirts and we hope you’ll grab a couple for yourself! Please see below for style, size, and ordering details!
In 2000, Eminem recorded “The Real Slim Shady” with the lyrics “won’t the real Slim Shady please stand up.” In the spirit of those shirts, the Real Slim Shaky shirts have been designed by Denny Giles at ShalloWit Design for the Parkinson’s support group, Shaking Up LA (Lower Alabama), as a fundraising shirt for the The Parkinson Association of Alabama, and to shed light on Parkinson’s disease by encouraging serious conversations about support and resources for PD fighters and their caregivers.
- As a PD fighter, these shirts encourage us to “stand up” as the Real Slim Shaky and live like a warrior each day, realizing each day is a new fight, and that we have the opportunity to shake up the world where we live in spite of Parkinson’s.
- As a PD caregiver, you can wear this shirt as a show of support for your PD fighter and partner with them through encouragement and participation in living like a warrior.
- For someone who really wants to help in the fight of Parkinson’s disease, these shirts serve as great conversation starters and allow you to stand up as a voice and engage in meaningful conversations surrounding Parkinson’s disease while providing valuable funds to the APDA for needed research and education.
Regardless of your role, these shirts are meant to encourage you to stand up and live like a warrior each day, and be a new voice for PD wherever you wear them! All proceeds after paying the cost of the shirts will be donated to the Parkinson’s Association of Alabama.
Front of shirt with the Shaking Up LA logo and American flag emblem in the shape of the state of Alabama
Back of shirt with Real Slim Shaky emblem and Each Day is a New Fight
PAA is excited to announce that it will be the beneficiary of give back night at Taj India and we are so thankful for there continued support. Join us Tuesday, June 27th from 5 PM to 10 PM at their location on 2226 Highland Avenue South. 10% of the sales that evening will benefit the Parkinson’s Association of Alabama and we look forward to seeing you there!
- Unique food, beer, wine and cocktail pairing conceived and prepared by an all-star team of local chefs from these restaurants: Black Sheep Kitchen, Brick & Tin, Cosecha, Dinner, Donatos Pizza, Ovenbird, SpringHouse, Taj India, and Whistling Table.
- Unforgettable live and silent auction items like a Tuscany Culinary Escape for 5 nights, a Condo in Sante Fe, Chef dinners in your home, Lake houses, Hunts, and artwork from local artists!
Proceeds benefit medical research towards a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest event announcements and contact Mary T Miller if you’d like to be a sponsor or need additional information.
Click this link to purchase tickets online from the secure PAA digital ticketing hub provided by the awesome folks at Instagift.