Presented by the Ernest G. DeBakey Charitable Foundation, The Parkinson Association of Alabama cordially invites you to join us on May 15, 2020 for a Virtual Taste for a Cure event. Participants can look forward to the following:
- Choice of 2 dinner options, thoughtfully prepared by Black Sheep Kitchen
- A bottle of wine curated by Finch Fines Wine (one bottle per household)
- Desert by Pastry Art Bake Shoppe
- Pre-recorded video presentation
- Facebook Live video stream
Event participants can choose from the following two dinner options:
- Roasted Chicken Dinner: Lemon and fresh herb roasted Joyce Farms chicken, whipped sweet potatoes, green beans, homemade rolls and desert.
- Crab Cake Dinner: Crab Cake BSK Avocado Ranch, roasted vegetables, mixed green salad, homemade rolls and desert.
For desert with either dinner option, participants can look forward to delicious Baby Bites from Pastry Art Bake Shoppe.
Registration is $75 per person and anyone interested in participating should visit the registration page accessible from this link to register and confirm dinner preferences.
Meal service delivery begins at 3:00 p.m. on May 15 and delivery to your home is provided at no cost for zip codes 35209, 35213, 35223, 35226, 35242 and 35243. Curbside pickup from Black Sheep Kitchen is also available between 4:00 – 4:30 p.m. for anyone that would like to participate and resides in a different zip code.
At 6:45 p.m., you are invited to watch a Taste For A Cure video at our website while virtually enjoying your meal prepared by Black Sheep Kitchen.
- Unique food, beer, and wine pairings conceived and prepared by an all-star team of local chefs from your favorite Birmingham restaurants. Black Sheep Kitchen and Golden Rule BBQ have confirmed. We’ll be announcing more soon!
- Unforgettable live and silent auctions, like this amazing trip to Manciano, Italy!
Proceeds benefit medical research towards a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Tickets may be purchased online now and you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for the latest updates. If you’d like to be a sponsor for this event, please contact Bibby Bailey for more information.
Current Confirmed Sponsors:
Current Confirmed In-kind:
- Unique food, beer, and wine pairings conceived and prepared by an all-star team of local chefs
- Unforgettable live and silent auctions
Proceeds benefit medical research towards a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Tickets will be on sale soon and you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for the latest updates. If you’d like to be a sponsor for this event, please contact Bibby Bailey for more information.
The March NeuroScience Cafe is this Thursday, March 14 and covers Sleep, Life Balance, and Parkinson’s Disease. Brought to you by UAB’s Comprehensive Neuroscience Center (CNC), the March cafe will be held at the Emmet O’Neal Library (Community Meeting Room, Emmet O’Neal Library 50 Oak St., Mountain Brook, AL 35213). For more information visit the event page.
PAA is thrilled to announce that Taste for a Cure 2019, presented by the Ernest G. DeBakey Charitable Foundation, is Thursday, April 11 at 6:00 PM. Join us at Haven on World Parkinson’s Day for another great evening of:
- Unique food, beer, wine and cocktail pairing conceived and prepared by an all-star team of local chefs from these restaurants: Black Sheep Kitchen, Bistro V, Dinner, Golden Rule BBQ, Irondale Cafe, Jack Browns, Little Donkey, Ovenbird, and Taj India.
- Unforgettable live with Granger Thagard & Associates and silent auction items like beach condos, artwork, jewelry, and more.
Proceeds from Taste for a Cure 2019 benefit medical research towards a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Follow this link to purchase tickets online now. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest event details. If you’d like to be a sponsor for this event, please contact Mary T Miller for more information.
Our annual symposium draws PD patients, caregivers, and loved ones from all over Alabama to engage multiple thought leaders who are experts in Parkinson’s Disease research, treatment, care and other focus areas. Whether you’re a PD patient, caregiver, medical professional, advocate, or simply want know more about this complex disease – the Parkinson’s Symposium offers something for everyone.
This years event was Saturday, September 15 from 8:30AM to 2:00 PM at The Club (Ballroom) in Birmingham.
If you were unable to attend the 2018 Parkinson’s Symposium, we hope you’ll take a moment to review our media archive – speaker presentation materials and audio along with a photo gallery of all attendees and participants.
Registration is now open for the 2018 Alabama Parkinson Fighter Walk and 5K . Join us on October 27 at UAB Campus Green for a 5k Fighter run and Fighter walk. This years route will comprise of UAB and surrounding areas with all proceeds benefiting research towards a cure for Parkinson’s Disease.