Personal stories and experiences are the most powerful endorsement of what we do at The Michael J. Fox Foundation. Whether you see a loved one live with the disease every day, have been diagnosed yourself or just believe in our unique model, we want to hear — and see — your story.
Take an #unselfie — an “unselfish selfie” — that explains your reason for donating, volunteering or spreading the word about Parkinson’s disease research this season. Then share your picture on social media and encourage friends and family to do the same.
Your photo and message will help build excitement for Giving Tuesday, a global day of giving back that falls on December 1 this year.
Want to join in? Here’s how to take your own #unselfie:
- Write your reason for supporting the Foundation on a sheet of paper. Print out this sheet or get creative with your own paper.
- Take a picture! Group shots are welcome, and you can hide behind your sign if you’re shy.
- Upload it to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or your blog.
- Tag #unselfie and @michaljfoxorg, for Twitter and Instagram. Tag The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research on Facebook.
- Post and encourage your friends to do the same!
Research suggests that altruism can spread by three degrees. That means your story can inspire not just your own friends but your friends’ network, and their community too. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Source:: Fox Feed Blog